Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Keep on Keeping on

Every family has their own sayings, ones that provide comfort when you are feeling down, make you laugh when you need a good chuckle or can make you so mad that you want to scream!

When I was a little girl, I was a pill sometimes. My Aunt once described me as precocious? My husband says the same thing sometimes, I think it is one of the many benefits of being an only child.

I remember my parents always punishing me for "having a smart mouth" and I would say "but Mother what is wrong with having a smart mouth? I thought I was supposed to be smart." Which made her want to punish me all the more.

Anywho, back to the topic. My does not have any sentimental catch phrases. But the ones that we do have make since for the strange dysfunctional relationships we have. They are as follows.
1) I'm the Mom and I'm the boss ( that is the one that used to make me scream)
2) It will take you 2 minutes to do it and 10 minutes to complain about it.( I have found my self using with Kurtis)
and the grand Finale
3) Life happens and then you die. Usually life is replaced with a pg-13 word.

I have however, adopted a few into my own lexicon. " Come what may and love it" from my hero Joseph B. Worthlin, and the good ole Oklahoma stand by " Keep on Keeping on."

So my friends through all of life's challenges and the frustrations ( there have been a lot of those this week) and joy I am going to Keep on Keeping on.

1 comment:

  1. I love that saying! I'm sorry you had a rough week last week. I hope it's looking brighter this week. I've been wondering how the new job is treating you. Hopefully well.

    ReplyDelete