Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Seattle when it drizzles part duex

As promised here is a recap of our trip to the great state of Washington.

We arrived on Sunday February 13, the sun was shining and it was so beautiful. We spent the day hanging out with Kurtis's big brother Kreig and then Fiance and now wife Raquel. We ate pizza, got See's candy and did some last minute errands to get ready for their big day.

Kurtis and I met up with his mom to check out the Space Needle. Kurtis lived in Washington for a few years while he was a teenager so all of this sightseeing was done for my benefit. The view from the top of the space needle was really amazing, we could see all the way to Canada.I do however have one complaint.It cost's 18 bucks to take the trip up the elevator to the top, to soften the blow they give you this cheesy digital photo.

Washington really is a beautiful state, it is so lush and green and covered with trees. That being said, while I love the rain I also love me some California sunshine so while I can't wait to visit Washington again but I don't think I'll be moving there any time soon.

Monday morning was overcast and rainy, but the hubster and my Mother in law and I drove down to downtown Seattle to check out Pike's Place Market. Can I tell you how much I loved this place, I really did try to convince it to pick up and move to Southern California, I told Pike's Place how much it would love the sun, but Pike's place decided to stay in the rain.

We ate so much good food. My two favorite things we're this Crab cocktail and the best Scallop Chowder at Pike's Place Chowder. We saw the famous gum wall, but we were to grossed out to touch it!

We also found the Temple and took a little romantic walk in the rain. Because after all it was Valentines days

Then we headed to the Renton Courthouse for the small wedding. I love weddings especially those of people that I love, it was so nice to see Kreig and Raquel so Happy.

Afterward there was a lot of well wishing and picture taking, and Kurtis found a Gavel to play with. Soon after we were on our way home and fell into bed.

All in all it was a great trip and I am so glad that we went. The only downside is that I think we brought home some Washington rain with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment