Sunday, August 21, 2011

Random Acts

This was really not a great week for me.

We are poor. Like really really poor until the 30th when we get our money, this always stresses us out and makes me a little snippy. School also started this week which has not been very fun either. I can not get any of the classes that I need and it seems like I am only getting about 4 hours of sleep each night.

I was thinking about all of these things as I drove to CVS on Thursday morning to buy a mirror for my singing class. Then I stopped thinking and started listening my right back tire sounded a little flat. But that's no big deal the hubs will just fill it up later. Then it really started making a bad noise. I pulled into CVS and got out. Then I said a bad word because no my tire wasn't flat it was split in two.

So I did what every other woman does I went into CVS and called my husband, he said he would be there as soon as he could. About 5 minutes later I came out with my mirror and decided to be helpful. I pulled out my spare, jack and tire iron and got to working. I pulled the rim off and was working on the lug nuts when an Asian guy ( I don't know his name and he didn't speak much English) stopped and offered to help me. As soon as he started another guy (Mexican guy. I didn't get his name either) also pulled up and got out his big mama jack and had the thing changed in 2 minutes flat (ha ha joke)

I am so grateful to these two men, who stopped to help me. I don't even know their names, I know that it sounds cheesy but I really think that these two men were sent to help me, at a time when my husband couldn't.

People are always taking about what an awful state the world is in, how people are not as kind as they used to be. Most of the time that is true, but I am so grateful for these men and for my Heavenly Father who sent them to me.

P.S. later that day I figured out that when the guy jacked my car up he did something to the passenger door and it wouldn't open. The hubs was able to fix it huzzah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment