Wednesday, December 21, 2011

We need a little Christmas

It's coming on Christmas and they are cutting down trees, putting up reindeer and singing songs of joy and peace. I wish I had a river I could skate away on.

This week has really not felt like Christmas  it was been stresssful and frustrating and has not had much joy or peace in it.

It started out well enough with Sunday being pretty good Kurtis and I sang with the choir in Church and that always helps me feel the Christmas spirit.But Monday was when the disaster struck. I was walking into work when my bank called to tell me that they were pretty sure that my ATM card had been stolen, or compromised.  At first I was a little doubtful because I had my ATM card with me, but then this nice lady named...well whatever her name was started reading of this list on transations.
150 bucks to Petsmart...card declined thank God because they didn't have the right PIN
150 at Toy R US also declined because of the same reason.
58 bucks at Marshalls this one was approved, I hope that this person enjoys their cheap clothes that never fit well.
211 at a beauty supply store called Joy Beauty... All of these transactions were done in Georgia and I am very much in California.

It is such a HUGE mess. The worst part was that they immediately blocked my card and I hadn't had anything to eat that day, didn't have any cash so I had to suffer through my 8 hour shift with out food.

My bank has really been pretty good they are rushing me a new ATM card so I will have it before we go out of town for Christmas and then leave for our Cruise. I should have all of my money back before Christmas so we can afford to drive home.


I just can't believe that someone would do this. I know it happens all the time, I used to work in banking. It is so frustrating I feel like I have been punched in the stomach. All because some Grinch  in Georgia decided it would be fun to be me for a while. I feel terrible.

I know that Christmas isn't about the money. And anyway our Christmas shopping is done, it's just so upsetting that someone would do this to us. I mean our financial life is very fragile as is anyone who is in school so this could really screw us over. And on that note...It's time to go run with the hubby... And that is a whole other post.










No comments:

Post a Comment