Sunday, December 16, 2012

Things that I forgot to mention

Through out the course of any given week a thought will cross my mind or something will happen and I will think to myself "man I should really make sure I put that on the blog" or "wow that would be a good blog post" but then life as it always does gets in the way, and I forget.

With the end of the year fast approaching (can you believe that?)  I figured I could just take all of those little things and make one big giant post, well maybe two we will see how the first one goes.

So here are some things in no particular order

New Car- We got a new Car in July during a trip to Fresno. My good old Chevy was on its last legs and was fast approaching its death. The air conditioning had not been working for over a year, and the poor thing couldn't even go over 50 MPH anymore. I was a little sad to see it go, for a about a minute. Kurtis's brother Keith got us a great deal on a 2012 Ford Fusion, which I am in love with. It is safe, has working air conditioning, and gets great gas mileage. It's pretty too.

Family Trip- Right after we bought the new car we broke it in by driving up the central coast to Cambria to spend a weekend with my family. It was really wonderful spending time with my Grandma, Mom, Aunt ,Great Aunt and Cousins. The trip was much needed as it feel during the craziness following the relaunch of Disney California Adventure which Kurtis and I both put a lot of blood (from blisters) sweat (from working in the heat) and tears (crazy guests, 50 plus hour work weeks, and again those blisters.) Kurtis was even able to get some golf in with my cousin, and uncles. And we made sure we stopped by Hearst Castle!

Beautiful golf course

Hearst Castle check out that pool!


The Team and Team cheerleaders


Canoe Races- Every year for the last 50 or so years Disneyland Cast members take to the Rivers of America and in the wee small hours of the morning before all of the guests are in the park we race the canoes around Tom Sawyers Island. It is a ton of fun for all of the cast members and we all get super competitive, because it is not only Resort cast members but Studio and Imagineering as well. I did not race this year but Kurtis did! His team made up of Guest Control leads and Trainers, survived all of the semi-finals and made it to the top four and eventually won the Sprint Races, I was so proud. He had a great time and it was a wonderful way to end his time as a Disney Cast Member.
Final Sprint to victory!




No comments:

Post a Comment