Sunday, October 17, 2010

Weekend Round up-CHOC walk+lazy eye




This last weekend actually ended up being pretty busy

Saturday we took advantage of my main gate pass and spent the day together at DCA and Disneyland. It was so crowded we only ended up going on a few rides. But we did manage to go see World Of Color, which is amazing. Kurtis also got to meet a few of my work buds which was fun for him. Kurtis snapped this great pic featuring my lazy photo eye!

Sunday morning started bright and early at 4:30 am. By 6 am I was at work cheering on the the amazing people who took part in the Children's Hospital Orange County or CHOC walk. It was a very moving experience and even though I was super tired I felt very blessed to be there doing what little I could to support those inspiring children who have battled against cancer and other chronic illness, and the parent's and friends who have loved and lost their precious children.

I know that it sounds super cheesy, but it made me so thankful for my Heavenly Father who provided away for all of those beautiful children to be with their families forever. Disneyland and California adventure hosted 14,000 walkers who raised over 2 million dollars for the hospital ! Isn't that awesome!

A wonderful Sacrament meeting was next, but I was so tired (from getting up at 4:30 am) that Kurtis made me go home to cuddle with this lovely lady, who apparently was having a lot of fun with my shoe's and purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment