Friday, November 5, 2010

Crafty time and Apple pie


It has been a pretty low key week,I had yesterday and today off so I spent some time on home beautification . I've really been lusting after some new throw pillows that are listed on Etsy... But as Kurtis keeps reminding me, we are poor. So I made these two lovelies, using my famous no-sew method (glue gun). I used some freezer paper to make the stencil on the monogrammed "u" . I am not quite sure what I want to do with the other one, so the ribbon bow will have to do for now.

I also made apple pie, my favorite. Kurtis likes it to, but he prefers it without the Cheddar cheese.
My mom always says "An apple pie without cheese is like a hug without a squeeze." So we compromised it by putting the cheese in the crust. And it turned out awesome! If you have never tried apple pie with cheese, try it. I know that it will change your life, just like it did mine.

1 comment:

  1. Those pillows look great Whitney! Hope things went well at book club! Can you send me your apple pie recipe? I've never had apple pie with cheese in it :)

    ReplyDelete