Wednesday, October 17, 2012

up up and away

For all of the years that Kurtis and I have been married we have NEVER dressed up for Halloween. We always talk about doing it, but it just never happens.

This year I announced we would be dressing up, and then my Kurtis's brother and sister-in-law planned a trip to Disneyland with their boys for this week.The two things added up to us all going to Mickey's Halloween Party together. It was a ton of fun and I highly recommend it for all families.

For our costumes we decided to go as Carl and Ellie from the Disney Pixar film up. Up has always been one of my favorite Disney Pixar films. It is so amazing to me how simple shapes, sounds, colors and music can spin a beautiful story about love, life and loss.




So many people connect with Carl and Ellie, but I really see Kurtis and I in these characters. Their quest for adventure and travel, the heartbreak of not being able to have children, the desire to go out and experience adventure, but the practicalities of life getting in the way. So many people came up to us Monday night and told us how much they loved our costumes, (which I have to admit were pretty cute) but what I think what they really loved are the characters and their story which touches everyone.

1 comment:

  1. The movie makes me cry big ugly tears and then that bird comes along and annoys me to death ;)
    Love you did that and with your heart in it and vested the way it is.

    Found you thro Katie - who is a gem xxx

    ReplyDelete