Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Running

I have been running pretty regualrly for the last six weeks or so
Everyone keeps telling me about "runners high", at first when someone mentioned this to me, I thought "great I finally have an excuse to use controlled substances while exercising."  However, I have come to understand, that a runners high is unfortuanitly not smoking pot while running, but a rush of endorphins that creates a sence of well being.
I have been waiting  and praying for this runners high to hit, but it hasn't. I have come to accept the fact I really don't like running and I probably never will. Running is a means to an end for me, I need to get fit, and I need to be healthy, so a few times a week I throw on my fancy pants sneakers that the hubsadoodle picked out for me (because in his former pre-law life he worked at The Sports Authority) and hit the road.
While I don't enjoy the running, I do enjoy the sound of my feet hitting the pavement, I like looking down at Audrey Dog, and let her pull me along, I do enjoy the moment when all of the worries and stress melt away, and I guess that is a high enough for me.

Before Run

After Run

1 comment:

  1. You're cute! I wish we could run together it's always more enjoyable with good conversation which of course we'd have! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete